Mar 9, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Edited Mar 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Have been looking around at the source code and your project looks very interesting.
There are a few things I would like to add to the code base:
- Add the possibility to associate a marker with a DataPoint. Currently the marker is set per Series. I would like to make each DataPoint have different markers within a series. I have had a look at the code and this should not be too difficult. I am only interested
in changing the LineSeries at this stage. However I am wondering which approach would you prefer:
- Create a new type that implementes IDataPoint
- Inherit from DataPoint?
- Extend DataPoint (Add a new public Marker property?)
- Create an annotation that will repeat at a set interval. (i.e. gray out Weekends, when dealing with datetime axes. The annotation would have a concept of "width", as weill as number of "repeats").Should I be using the annotations for this? (i.e. using
a rectangle with a gray background, for weekends), or should there be another renderer to deal with a hybrid background-annotation type?
- I had a look at the BarSeries, and was wondering if you had any objections to splitting the class into BarSeries and a Column Series class? (BarSeries would be horizontal and ColumnSeries would be Vertical.)
- I would also like to make changes to the BarSeries so that the Bars could start at different values other than zero. Each bar would would be represented by a start and end value. If no start value is supplied then the baseValue will be used by default.